Complete an Editing Checklist
If you’ve got an idea for a book, but you don’t have the time or energy to write one, then a professional ghostwriter is the answer for you. Here’s an editing checklist of services that can be provided for you when you are hiring a ghostwriter.
- Flow: A professional ghostwriter will interview you and turn your words into copy that reads easily. The words you say will be turned into a smooth, coherent story on the page.
- Content: When you work with a good ghostwriter, she will make sure all of the necessary information is included in your book.
- Research: An experienced ghostwriter knows how to find information about the topic of your book. She can comb the Internet or research other books to provide a rich background for your material.
- Accuracy: The best ghostwriters check every fact and figure to make sure they are accurate.
- Style: One of the services a ghostwriter can provide is ensuring that your book follows a consistent style throughout all of the pages.
- Grammar and punctuation: Don’t worry about trying to remember whether you should write “it’s” or “its,” or if you can’t remember whether the correct word to use is “stationery” or “stationary.” A good ghostwriter will put together your book so it’s grammatically correct.
- Graphs and charts: An experienced ghostwriter can suggest graphs and charts to use with your material to better explain your topic to your readers. She can also create those charts and work with a designer so they will be easily understandable.
A professional ghostwriter is able to take care of every important detail on your editing checklist, from research to grammar and punctuation.
Read more about the 8 Steps to Writing a Book
Read more about Proofreading Your Book
Return to the top of the Completing an Editing Checklist page
Return to AuthorBridgeMedia.com home page
“Thank you for your hard work, long hours, and commitment that you have put into this book. I would not be here if it wasn't for that one phone call. You believed in me, and I can't thank you enough for that, Helen.”
Nisa Burns, author of Kitchenability, from Acknowledgments section
“To Helen Chang, for your editing brilliance and incredible cheerleading. Any person who has the privilege to work with you is very lucky.”
Chad Mureta, Author, App Empire: Make Money, Have a Life and Let Technology Work for You
“To Helen Chang, noble warrior, editor, brave soul, and sojourner, who
covers all the bases we would have missed had she not been there.”
Michael Gerber, Author, The E-Myth Optometrist and other books, Acknowledgments chapter
“Helen Chang, wow, we did it! From book jail to book hell to book
heaven, all in a few months. Your work ethic is unbelievable. You are a
woman of excellence and diligence. I enjoyed working with you, and I
love your heart for people.”
Dani Johnson, Author, First Steps to Wealth, Acknowledgments chapter
“[Author Bridge Media] has taken me from talking about writing a book
to actually having a book ready for the published market in under 4
months! Their support is amazing and if the author is willing to put in
the time necessary, it can and will be done with this team.”
Carmen Kosicek, RN, MSN, Author, Nurses, Jobs and Money: A Guide to Advancing Your Nursing Career and Salary